Tuesday, December 28, 2004

tis the season to eat..

went for a chrismas party on sunday nite held by a friend of yan, somewhere in the far-flung braddell area. definitely not my territory. it was something simple, small gathering. first time i really got the chance to interact and get chummy with her starbucks pals. most times i was lost though, couldnt really catch on to their long-passed stories of yesteryears. sometimes the things mentioned bordered on the unbelievable, yet sounded real enough for me to be consistently get fooled and become the butt of the jokes. i so seriously thought that one of them was gonna be a chinese dance teacher at her alma mater. gosh, think i should work on my gullibility (which equates to being trusting of people). danger man if unchecked. as always i gorged myself with food, how not to when blessed with a talent to eat without gaining weight. if u got it, flaunt it i say. was stuffed with turkey & cranberry sauce, very the yummy. sherpard's pie and the pasta was also interestingly nice, topped with lots of parmesan cheese. all that with an endless supply of cola. aaah, what bliss. got offered wine later, but no thanks for me. if you drink, dont drive. not that i drink for that matter. i may not be a good muslim, but i dont drink. definitely.

kind of unofficially withdrew from MSS last week, gave the vice-president a call to state to her my situation. cant really drive myself to be directly involved with any of their activities anymore, partly because i seriously dont think i could afford the time to make a real commitment to them. what with my studies, work & upcoming tuitions. im just bad at time-management la, usually its biased towards a more slacky lifestyle. also, its kind of difficult to make myself involved in something that i dont really have the heart for in the 1st place. especially when my initial participation with MSS was due to friendship obligations, not actual interest, with my female peers who have since graduated. and i know im NOT the only one feeling obligated. to those who are disappointed in me, my apologies for not doing better. i know definitely for sure people will be talking and be all judgemental about this issue, but doesnt really matter la. i do what i feel is right and the best in my own interest. selfish perhaps, but better that way i guess than be a hypocrite and be half-hearted about things. life's like that, for me at least.

work again tomorrow after 2 days of break. will be back late again since its closing hours. its amazing how my parents are becoming numb to the idea of me coming home late these days. maybe they are just used to it perhaps. well, no noise is good noise!

gotta send my bike for servicing soon. still in hope of getting a vespa one day though. my dream will never end....

im hungry...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home