Monday, January 17, 2005

ole!

wow finaly there's something to cheer about for our soccer team. won the tiger cup against all odds, played with a reasonably sound tactical discpline and with a couple of unpretentiously good young players. no more the prima donnas of yesteryears who were more concerned with looking good on the field with their crap hairbands all. hopefully tis marks the start of a good era for singapore football la. maybe goal 2010 might even become a reality yea.

the match was fun, pretty much entertained by the on & off field events. crowd was somewhat muted though, only made noise when the action neared the indonesian goal. wished that we could one day experience the type of matchday atmosphere found in the european leagues. how fun would that be! with the chants, songs & taunts all. there was this apek who was fervently active in expressing his passion by standing up and gesturing all over the place from time to time. and there was this old-timer pakcik who awfully blowed his airhorn out of tune so many times, drawing laughter each time he tried to do so. lembik la pakcik, but never mind, the effort is there.

another thought of mine, which worries me. sometimes i wonder, why, in attempting to keep things as perfect as they are, in trying to do things right, the wonders of the powers that be tend to screw things up and result in a totaly opposite and less desirable situation. what i meant to do, or had intended to, just never seem to be able to take its natural course. never did i ever want to do anything that'll hurt the ones who i love. that's just plain jerkish. hmm, maybe i am, i dunno. all i want is the best, but i seem so far from being one. pardon my difficulties, my misgivings, my actions. wateva it is/was, im very sorry. there's a song i've always tried to adhere to and make it as an inspiration, cliche as it mite be. here's a couple of verses from it. it goes out to you.

"I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears
Thats why i need you to hear

I've found a resaon for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home