Tuesday, June 14, 2005

it's about time that i update this blog of mine. i have been busy, and too caught up with work. my creative juices arent flowing anymore, just dont have any idea of what to blog or muse about. kinda realise that my life's pretty mundane, centrally revolving around the same old basic stuffs which tend to keep appearing each time i type. im fascinated by people who can write seriously good articles, which makes the mind think, and not just ramblings of the sort that im guilty of myself. should check this fella's page out, alfian saat. especially his earlier postings. simply brilliant.

alfian.diaryland.com

aniwaes, there was finally closure on the traffic summons that i got last january. was told to report to the TP HQ at Ubi Avenue for an interview in order to discuss and settle the matter. turnt out to be not much of an interview. the officer kept stating and reiterating that speeding and accelerating is only when necessary, thus implying that i was wrong. the fine was reduced to 150 bucks instead, and my demerit points 6. whatever la not much of a difference to me. i still ended up broke, about 2 week's worth of pay down the drain. whole thingy was just a wayang formality it seems. grr.

people are going for holidays and im slogging to survive. i envy them. i really do. despite the fact that im able to live comfortably, there's never room for excesses or indulgence. whatever luxuries i have is such as my bike and laptop is largely due to savings, necessity, and luck. comes to mind the plight of my parents, how they have worked hard for ages, yet still can barely afford to ease up at this late stage of their lives. i showed my dad my recent results, and he commented,

dad: ah bagus pass. kau baik belajar betul-betul, jadi hidup senang. nak jadi macam abah kerja siang malam jaga pintu?
(good you passed. you better study hard, get a better life. wanna be like me work day & night in security?)

somehow, what he said stumped me. i seriously dont know what he meant by that, and whether it was a congratulatory remark or a cynical reminder. but im proud of him, for all the hardship he went through. deep down, it made me more determined to try and provide my parents with a good retirement as soon as i can. hopefully la ya.

i met rennie iskandar at west coast hawker centre the other day by chance. twas a nice surprise, bumping into an old pal. still as fit looking as ever. apparently he's now working at OBS. cool stuff.

ok, shall end here for now. am tired, need rest. take care people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home