Thursday, August 10, 2006

a long overdue update

im off work today. yay! well actually i had to, but i kinda gave up my slot for the day. partly because i aint feeling that well physically, and partly because i just wanna have some time off for meself. the throat's bothering me again, and making me feel all heaty all over. seems like each time im gonna fall sick, that's where im most vulnerably hit. gotta drink more water i guess.

my so-called holidays sorta picked up a wee bit the past week or so, after slogging for the most of it at work. went on a short trip to batam with my work colleagues, a total 12 people in all. nope not for anything funny, but just to chill out. stayed at this 3-star (i think) beach resort that had a 5-star service and staff. we helped ourselves to the seafood fare there, while some indulged in shopping. given the exchange rate, it cannot be helped feeling a little wee bit richer over there. haha. since that wasn't my 1st time there, i was not overwhelmed like the others to shop and whatnots. only got some kerepek and dodol for the family, and of course made my contribution to the sampoerna enterprise. it was a good break, away from the hustle and bustle and flow of this everyday life here.

i also had a family chalet over at the far eastern corner of the island, organised by my civil-servicing cousin. as always, the chalet turned out to have a kenduri-like atmosphere whenever the entire family's involved. so kecoh... bbq, gossips, portable sheesha, the usual. i made full use of the huge pool they have over there. took time to .. ermmm .. practise my swimming skills or whatever there is to it. all part of my plan to keep my options open, in case i turn to PE teaching some time in the near future. oh yea, nothing's complete when me & my cousins are concerned if fishing's not part of the itinery. however the spot where we went behind the chalet near the shipping wharves weren't that good. not many were caught. hmm mebbe the fengshui's not right ah..

me and some of the work people have also in recent times been experimenting with prawn fishing. my doubts that it wasnt gonna be much of a challenge, proved to be wrong as i got more and more hooked on it. seriously, it really tests your patience. and prawns these days are smart i think. but the thrill of catching, ahhhhh...beats everything. but it's a bit expensive though. so yea can't make it into a habit. haha.. you guys should give it a try one day.

school is starting next week. it's so fast man. well, considering that its since may. im in the midst of bidding right now. can you believe it, some joker is actually bidding one of the breadth modules with 4372 points. like what the fug?! either he has never taken any breadths before, or he simply has never heard of the term in moderation. oh cmonnn...

ok, gotta go get ready now. meeting bo & lester at sakae for buffet later. yummmmeh ..

til the next time, take care all.